SPORTS PREMIUM 2019/2020
What is Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum to provide new Primary School Sport Funding. The money will go directly to primary schools in order to improve Sport and PE. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and will be provided to head teachers who will spend the money on improving the quality of sport and PE in school.
This means that you should use the premium to:
• develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
• make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools (Department for Education link to the Primary School’s Sport Funding page)
What is our purpose?
– Hiring specialist PE teachers and qualified coaches to work alongside teachers when teaching PE.
– Implementing Change4Life clubs within school
– Providing new sports clubs which offer new challenges for all children
– Providing CPD opportunities for all staff in schools
– Increased participation in school games
– Providing resources for PE and Sport
– To involve all children in PE and Sport through inclusion support
– Introduction of intervention groups for PE to support children working at different levels of PE and Sport within school.
How will we be spending the Sports Funding and who will benefit?
Governors and Staff at Hambleton believe that the money should be used to support all children, regardless of sporting ability, in their PE and sport activities across school. The most able children should be challenged through participation in competition whilst the less able should be provided with opportunities to develop fundamental skills. We want to see children attending local high schools with a positive mind set about PE and Sport and to feel the confidence to pursue sporting clubs at different levels.
The Premium is being used to meet the 5 main aims of the funding:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kickstarting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
Please click the link below to see our policy;
% of pupils who can swim 25m – 87%
GET IN TOUCH
Reception: 01253 700331